Grand Theft Auto V is easily the most anticipated game of 2013, and possibly the last great game of this generation of consoles. The game is slated to be released on September 17, this fall (unless they push it back AGAIN).
Rockstar just unveiled the special and collectors editions of GTA V, each with special bonus material if you preorder before the 17th.
Special Edition ($79.99)
- Full retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V;
- Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork – features custom color and metallic treatments to bring out the detail of the Michael, Trevor and Franklin artwork created exclusively for this SteelBook;
- Blueprint Map – exclusive, 21.5” x 26.75” map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County;
- Special Ability Boost – Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster;
- Stunt Plane Trials – single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County;
- Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More – Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County;
- Additional Weapons – when visiting Ammunation stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
Collector’s Edition ($149.99)
includes the contents of Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition plus:
- Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key – inspired by the heists in Grand Theft Auto V, this custom 10.75” x 8.5” money bag features a pop-up style lock and laser cut logo key to secure important items. The reverse side features a pressed Rockstar Games logo on the security mount with a framed ID window;
- Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY™ Snapback Cap – this exclusive New Era 9FIFTY™ cap features an embroidered Los Santos logo on the front, a stitched, black Rockstar Games logo on the wearer’s left side, a Grand Theft Auto ‘V’ logo applique on the opposite side, and snapback closure for an adjustable fit;
- Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online – get classic Grand Theft Auto characters to use within the Grand Theft Auto Online Character Creation System;
- Unique Vehicles and Garage Property – players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930’s style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
- The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition comes packaged in a collectible outer box featuring a foil embossed Grand Theft Auto V logo on the top and finished with a matte, scuff-resistant film lamination housing all of the contents.
I have a bad feeling about my wallet this fall. I have been a longtime fan of the Grand Theft Auto franchise, ever since I would play Grand Theft Auto III when my parents weren’t home (Sorry if my parents are reading this and just figuring this out now).
If you’ve been living under a rock for the past…. ever, here’s a trailer to GTA V. Enjoy!